React Developer (full remote)
- Tallinn, Estonia
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Technology
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services
*Please note that is a full remote working job*
*This vacancy is also eligible for the External Referral Programme: do you have a friend that you think can be interested in this position? Don’t keep it for yourself, click here and suggest us his/her profile! Check out how our External referral policy works here
Are you willing to generate an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
We have a daily challenge, which is to reach more than 60 million unique users (in 17 languages and 40 countries) who want to book and personalize their next travel experience. For this reason, we are looking for software engineers who are passionate about challenges, such as creating a modern, scalable and resistant platform.
As a react developer, you will work on our next generation frontend application, a specific project critical to our customer’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new challenges across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Our products need to handle information at scale, and extends well beyond selling flights. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We are Product oriented developers with a growth mindset. We are curious problem solvers and we like to collaborate, communicate, share knowledge and technical ideas and grow together.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job.
You’ll Spend Time On The Following:
- Collaborating with product managers and other engineers to create the best experience for our customers within our next generation frontend application.
- Ensuring operational excellence of services / applications.
- Understanding how our business works and how products add value to our customers.
- Learning and sharing experiences on new technologies and trends and how you can leverage them in current and future products.
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with others across the group.
We are looking for these skills/experience:
- Expert in ECMAScript 2019
- Experience with React hooks, CSS-in-JS, Typescript and Jest
- Worked on Node web applications and SSR with Next.
- E2E tests with Cypress.
- Experience with web performance optimizations.
- Leverage and contribute to open source.
- Previous experience in startups or product companies.
- Our work language is English, so it is paramount to be fluent; both written and spoken.
Maybe you will appreciate this information:
- Part of global Product Engineering (team of ~250)
- Which is part of lastminute.com (team of ~1200)
- We have offices in 12 countries while headquartered in Switzerland.
What do we offer.
- Possibility to work in an international and diverse team! We value you to be yourself!
- Continuous learning program with hands on internal sessions and the possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement.
- Access to online learning platforms like O’Reilly
- Weekly internal training sessions during office hours to learn and grow, such as our “Coding Dojo” sessions which we use to learn and share coding techniques.
- LM-Talks: our very own knowledge sharing internal sessions.
- We'll provide you with top-notch hardware, a Macbook Pro 16" with an external monitor