- Chiasso, Switzerland
- Department: Data & Analytics
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services
lastminute.com is looking for a Data Engineer for its Data & Analytics department team based in Chiasso.
The candidate will act within Data & Analytics department perimeters supporting, inspiring and delivering data integrations, data models, analysis, reports and dashboards to help the business look data in a comprehensive way, take proper decisions and steer directions of the units.
- Design, development and continuous improvements of end-to-end data pipelines in all environments (Big Data & DWH) supporting/taking specification from business stakeholders and Data Analysts
- Continuous improvement in delivery, applying engineering best practices to development, monitoring, and data quality of the data pipelines.
- Data model creation, design of ETL activities and unit tests
- Writing documents for mapping of data flows according to business rules
- 1-2 years of experience in similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced SQL language knowledge and programming languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- Strong knowledge of distributed file system techniques (e.g.: HDFS cluster)
- Expertise with transactional, analytical and NoSQL DBs
- Demonstrable ability to work creatively and analytically with a strong attitude for problem solving
- Experience in Cloud environments (e.g.: GCP, AWS)
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Bachelor or master degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics
- Understand stakeholders business areas and take ownership of their data need, collect/support business requirement definition - be able to influence and partner with them leveraging on an in-depth cross-functional data knowledge
- Performing analysis with the aim of providing insights and summaries to direct manager, the rest of the team and other functions
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Big Data programming languages (e.g.: Spark and Scala)
- Good knowledge of Google Work Suite
- Analytical and data driven mindset: improve the business providing insights coming from data
- Passionate about digital world, ambitious and motivated with a can-do attitude
- Open minded and proactiveness in problem solving
- Good communication skills with a willingness to challenge existing processes and applications
- Strong team player and excellent communicator
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills