Financial Data Analyst
- Chiasso, Switzerland
- Department: Finance & Legal
lastminute.com is looking for a talented, energetic Financial Analyst for its Finance Analytics team based in Chiasso.
Understanding business/economic/environmental drivers of current figures estimates versus Actual results, he/she will support the team in shaping deliverables aimed to give the most value-added output for the business.
In a fast-paced environment, he/she will play an active role in estimating economic phenomena, increasing department efficiency and financial condition awareness
- Translate business requirements into written functional specifications, considering priorities, keeping synergies and cooperation as a key value and ensuring that key issues, risks and drivers are clear and understood.
- Manage relationships with the business accountable, gathering information and requirements and support working on financial allocations and estimations accordingly.
- Work with the IT department during the development cycle in order to be sure that all operational and business requirements are met.
- Drive the relationship with the involved stakeholders, being able to understand their business needs and ensuring that deliverables are correct and connected to them.
- Write documentation of existing activities, processes and projects.
- Maintain standard structured reports and produce ad hoc analysis.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a strongly analytical role.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or similar fields.
- English proficiency, spoken and written.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel .
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with good attention to detail whilst still seeing the “big picture”.
- Self-starter, always looking for improvement opportunities and proactive player.
- Ability to set priorities and manage tasks accordingly, creating clarity and focus, supporting deliverables with documentation and reference guides.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written, and ability to partner with stakeholders.
- Willingness to exceed expectations and to perform under pressure.