Financial Data Analyst
- Chiasso, Switzerland
- Department: Finance & Legal
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating unforgettable experiences - from city breaks, hotels and holidays to theatre and spa days. lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, a publicly-traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Each month, our websites and mobile apps (available in 17 languages and 40 countries) reach 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences.
More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to providing our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services
lastminute.com is looking for a talented, energetic Financial Analyst for its Finance Analytics team based in Chiasso.
Understanding business/economic/environmental drivers of current figures estimates versus Actual results, he/she will support the team in shaping deliverables aimed to give the most value-added output for the business.
In a fast-paced environment, he/she will play an active role in estimating economic phenomena, increasing department efficiency and financial condition awareness
- Translate business requirements into written functional specifications, considering priorities, keeping synergies and cooperation as a key value and ensuring that key issues, risks and drivers are clear and understood.
- Manage relationships with the business accountable, gathering information and requirements and support working on financial allocations and estimations accordingly.
- Work with the IT department during the development cycle in order to be sure that all operational and business requirements are met.
- Drive the relationship with the involved stakeholders, being able to understand their business needs and ensuring that deliverables are correct and connected to them.
- Write documentation of existing activities, processes and projects.
- Maintain standard structured reports and produce ad hoc analysis.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a strongly analytical role.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or similar fields.
- English proficiency, spoken and written.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel .
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with good attention to detail whilst still seeing the “big picture”.
- Self-starter, always looking for improvement opportunities and proactive player.
- Ability to set priorities and manage tasks accordingly, creating clarity and focus, supporting deliverables with documentation and reference guides.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written, and ability to partner with stakeholders.
- Willingness to exceed expectations and to perform under pressure.