Manufacturing Customer Service Specialist
- Bowerston, US, Bowerston, OH
- Job Title: Customer Service Representative
- Department: Sales
L. J. Smith is the largest stair parts manufacturing company in the country. Our continued growth over the past several decades is clearly a result of our leadership role in developing and taking to market new and innovative products and techniques.
With the customer service and product training provided by L. J. Smith staff a capable Customer Service Specialists will have a good foundational understanding of our products, our installation system and processes. They will also be equipped to understand and answer customer inquiries. Finally they will be equipped and capable to receive and enter customer orders with the goal of ensuring a positive customer experience.
Successful candidate will be highly organized, outgoing, personable, have excellent customer relation skills, proven keyboarding skill, able to multi-task (using phone while seeking and entering data on the computer) while performing duties in a very fast-paced environment. Candidates must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Former manufacturing based customer service and data entry experience is considered a plus. Experience with stair parts and stair construction, general home construction or millwork products is desired, however ample stair parts training will be provided to a capable and qualified candidate. Other essential requirements include:
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- The ability to ensure a high degree of competency and accuracy while keyboarding for efficient and accurate entry of customer order data in to the Sage X3 database
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters and words).
- The ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public and other external sources
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to perform the required duties specified, onsite, weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401(k) savings plan, tuition aid, paid holidays/vacations, etc. To be considered, you must submit a resume with a complete salary history.
We participate in the BWC Drug Free Safety Program for a drug-free workplace. All positions require background checks and a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage will be commensurate with experience.
We look forward to receiving your application!