Software Engineering Manager (Supply Team) - Full remote working
- Department: Technology
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do "whatever makes them pink".
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. We run our business in 17 languages and 40 countries, with more than 1,500 employees spread across our offices worldwide, developing our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The lastminute.com Product Engineering team is looking for an awesome engineering manager! As an Engineering Manager, you will join us to design the best-in-class digital experience for travel and tourism. Our technology principles are “#ownit, #beyourself, #livebold, #collaboration, #techxcellence, #data-fueled, #customers-obsessed, #neverstopimproving”, if you find a match, come and work with us!
Your business acumen and laser-sharp customer focus will drive our product to the next level and achieve greater customer satisfaction.
Your agile mindset and in-depth knowledge of agile methodology will continuously seek opportunities for improvement, and you’ll help our teams to streamline the process and workflow.
People are our most valuable asset. Your management and leadership experience will play the key role in developing individuals, growing our team’s capacity, and retaining talents.
You are tech-savvy, technology excites you every day. Most importantly, you leverage the power of technology to develop a state-of-the-art product that our customers love. Technology is everywhere, you will help our company equip technology to maximize efficiency and reduce unnecessary costs.
As an engineering manager, you:
- Effective analytical skills with a product that serves various types of customers.
- Have a clear understanding of the business and the reference domain, and foster the knowledge’s growth among the team members, peers, and stakeholders.
- Ensure the delivery together with the product counterpart. Take part in from the product requirement definition to the post-launch performance monitoring.
- Work and align with other functional units (architects, SREs, QAs, and product people) to achieve the goal.
- Get involved in software designing, and challenge the team to make the optimal decision.
- Support the team to evolve the application architecture, adopt design from the solution architects, and embrace the best practices.
- Responsible for driving and tracking technical initiatives.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with excellent communication skills.
- Ensure the teams’ efficiency and high-quality work: enforce tech excellence, tech debt management, and regular adjustment of processes and timelines in line with continuous improvement philosophy.
- Support the team in removing impediments, and speeding up the team’s velocity.
- Communicate regularly about the plans, policies, and procedures.
- Manage both the capital expenditure and the operational expenditure.
- Staff the team based on company needs, keep a high retention rate and maintain a high level of morale.
- Mentor and develop individuals, track and review their performance.
- More than 5 years of experience in people management, take charge of multiple teams, demonstrate the ability of multitasking and meanwhile able to focus to get important tasks done.
- Have a sound knowledge of distributed systems.
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructure.
- Data-driven approach.
- Strategic thinking with a pragmatic approach to development, balancing between output quality and time.
- Flexibility in trying new solutions and adapting to new scenarios.
- Strong focus on people growth and teamwork, ability to mentor, coach, and provide actionable feedback.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, ability to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate and solve conflicts.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
About the team
Our international product team combines user-centricity with an entrepreneurial mindset to create great products and reach our business goals. Our culture is to support each other, challenge ourselves and others, improve and help each other grow.
If you think we’re a fit and that we could have fun together, please let us know by applying for the position.
What we offer
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events