Senior SEM Manager (also available for full remote working)
- Department: Marketing
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is the European Travel-Tech leader in the dynamic holiday packages business, uniquely positioned to drive innovation-led growth.
Every month, lastminute.com reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment of inclusion across race, gender, age sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
*This vacancy is also eligible for External Referral Programme: Do you have a friend that you think can be interested in this position? Don’t keep it for yourself, click here and suggest us his/her profile! Check out how our External referral policy works here
* Please note that this is a full remote working position
lastminute.com group is looking for an ambitious and highly motivated Senior SEM Manager to join the team.
The Senior SEM Manager will work closely with the Head of Performance Marketing and will be responsible for planning, implementing and analysing Search Engine Marketing campaigns across brands and products and growing the rest of the team’s SEM capabilities.
He/she will work in line with marketing and business objectives using Google Ads, Bing Ads and other Performance Marketing and analytical tools.
- Full ownership of performance for a specific market or product area
- Taking the leading role in the SEM team mentoring the rest of the team and developing their skills
- Defining the cross-market SEM strategy and improving the existing structure
- Identifying growth opportunities, testing hypotheses and scaling winning tests to increase SEM spend at a given ROAS target
- Delivering performance reports and insights to the team and internal stakeholders
- Addressing and escalating campaign performance issues, performing regular optimization of marketing campaigns
- Establishing new processes and improving existing campaigns with automation solutions
- Supporting internal sharing of knowledge through training and coaching
- Developing your own product knowledge as tools/products evolve/change.
Skills and Experience
- Proven SEM experience - minimum of 5 years
- Excellent understanding of automated bidding (GoogleAds, SearchAds360, Kenshoo, etc)
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of working with big amounts of data (SQL knowledge is a plus)
- Web analytics experience ( Google Analytics, Webtrends etc)
- A good understanding of other performance marketing channels is a plus
- Ability to interpret and analyse large amounts of complex data from multiple sources.
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of SQL, BigQuery, Python or other programming languages
- Understanding of A/B test tools like Optimizely
- Understanding of CMS softwares.
What we offer
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Receive a bonus after 5 and one after 10 years in the company
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave.