- Jakarta, Indonesia
kumparan is an Indonesian based news platform aiming to redefine the digital media industry in Indonesia, creating a platform where journalists and audience interact, crowdsourcing made possible, and user involvement valued.
We also happen to be the fastest growing non-partisan media platform in Indonesia. In less than a year, kumparan has grown to 15 million monthly active users. We are on track to capture a significant portion of Internet users of Indonesia by the end of the year.
As a Product Manager, you will work as a part of a diverse team of Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to drive the business through data-driven insights and features.
Our mission at kumparan is to inform the world. As part of the Product team, your mission is to improve the way we serve relevant and timely content to people who want to be informed. We need you to be a highly effective problem-solver: when you find roadblocks, you do what it takes to get the job done. You place our customers top-of-mind and are always thinking of ways to improve their experience. You immerse yourself in the world of data because you know that’s where the truth is.
- Ship new products, deploy feature improvements and propose product experiments by closely coordinating with Data and Engineering teams.
- Craft well-researched product requirements to answer important user problems
- Use the transformative power of data and analysis to answer essential business questions.
- Create stories through incredible narratives and meaningful visualizations, because you know every data has their own story.
- Answer strategic business questions using statistics, decision science, and other data driven methods.
- You have to be curious. We need you to be insanely curious
- You need to be able to deal with a lot of people in different business lines and at times over-communicate product directives, questions and concerns to other stakeholders
- Unafraid to deal with large, dirty, and messy data to get valuable insight
- Comfortable working on open-ended questions with people who will push your thinking and logic
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical/quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, etc.)
- At least basic Statistics skills
- 2+ years of Data, Product or Engineering related experience
- Knowledge in SQL is compulsory
- Familiar with big data ecosystems such as GCP is a plus
- Knowledge in business strategy framework