Senior Data Analyst (m/f/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Bonial is part of Axel Springer SE and is the leading "Drive to Store" marketing partner in Germany and France. Every day we inspire millions of users by connecting them to their favourite shops via our apps "kaufDA" and "MeinProspekt" in Germany, and “Bonial” in France
The biggest brands and retailers rely on our data-based advertising solutions to market their offerings digitally and to efficiently increase their customer reach.
Our Head of Data says: “Data is one of the hubs between Online Marketing, Product, IT and Sales here at Bonial.com. New questions are raised every day that cover all facets of business intelligence, such as developing a prediction model for user retention, defining KPIs and events for an A/B test, integrating a new data source in our enterprise data architecture or supporting critical business decisions by translating business problems into quantitative terms.”
Our mission is to transform data into knowledge to enable people to make smart decisions. As a data team, we want Bonial to be more data-driven. Therefore, our role is to transform the decision-making process from gut feeling to a scientific approach. We support all departments to help them deliver the most values. As part of the data team, you can influence projects with the results of your analysis. We offer you a strong learning curve, responsibility for projects and room for your own ideas to bring the data team to the next level.
As our (Senior) Data Analyst, you will join our data team and report to the team lead. You will work on end-to-end aspect of data analysis: from gathering, cleaning and aggregating data up to creating, evaluating, visualizing and automating reports. You will also maintain and modify them based on changing business requirements. Your stakeholders are Online Marketing, Sales and Product, and many more.
You will also...
- Perform deep-dives on data, give meaning to data, investigate business questions with timely and insightful analysis, identify opportunities and issues, draw actionable insights from raw data and present findings to stakeholders.
- Develop metrics/KPIs, reports, dashboards to enable departments to make business-critical decisions based on data.
- Filter, organize and clean large datasets prior to analysis.
- Gather know-how on tools and best practices on data world.
You hold a degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics or equivalent (technical) field and you are a data enthusiast, you have a ‘can-do’ attitude with a passion for analytics and data and bring with you years of hands-on experience.
What you’ll bring to the table...
- A strong ability to understand and incorporate the big picture into the details of the analysis.
- Well structured, analytical thinking and ability to explain and visualize complex analysis in a clear understandable manner to a non-technical audience.
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset: clear understanding of the key business process, reporting and analytics so you are keen on making recommendations that will positively impact Bonial.
- At least 5+ years of experience in the data field.
- The ability to understand & write complex SQL statements and preferably a programming language, e.g. Python, R, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Excel, Power BI, Tableau, etc., is a plus
- Having experience with big data tools is a plus.
- Experience with online advertising and/or digital analytics is a plus.
You can communicate fluently in English with all other languages being very much a bonus.
Once you are part of Bonial, we offer you great opportunities to grow. We have a clear career path, depending on your personal goals. In order to reach these goals, you have feedback talks with your team lead on a regular basis. Additionally, you can enjoy the view of on our roof terrace during our monthly meetups and regular team- and company events.
- An international, diverse and dynamic team where you can grow personally and professionally
- A company that focuses on sustainability and the impact that we make on the environment
- Budget for your personal development from seminars to workshops and more...
- A modern, spacious and full of light office with rooftop terrace, barbecue, relaxing areas, ping pong table, kicker table and more…
- A fully equipped gym directly in the office and a subsidy for your Urban Sports membership
- A room for children in case you need to bring your kids to work
- Free drinks and daily fruit & vegetables; fresh croissants every Monday morning; organic bread at lunchtime on Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Weekly social events