Android Developer (Senior) (m/f/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Bonial.com, part of Axel Springer SE, is a leading drive to store marketing partner across Europe and South America. Bonial inspires millions of shoppers each month by connecting them with their favourite brands & retailers.
More than 1500 retailers & brands across all retail sectors rely on the tailor-made, data-driven marketing solutions from Bonial.com to promote their offers & reach measurable business results with maximized return on investment.
As a Senior Android Engineer in our development team you make significant contributions to the development of the Bonial Products. You will also be responsible for the goal-oriented, agile software development using Scrum.
Furthermore you will...
- Assist with the conception and evaluation of new features and software architectures.
- Realize device, performance, and stability tests, utilizing code review and continuous integration.
- Improve your experience in developing mobile applications and define easy to understand cross-platform solutions.
- Work with innovative technologies and methods like RxJava and MVP Patterns as well as with cutting edge location-based technologies.
You hold a degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or a similar one and have 3 years practical experience in mobile software development. Additionally, you are experienced with the Android Java SDK and ideally published an app in the Android Market / on Google Play.
From a technical perspective you should have:
- Good understanding of Kotlin
- Basic knowledge of web technologies and web services (e.g. HTTP or JSON).
- MVVM experience
- Android architecture components
- Some experience of using dependency injection
- Interest in current trends in the area of mobile software development and mobile apps.
- Familiarity with automation testing concepts and continuous integration.
- Strong experience and knowledge of the Java ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and imperative programming paradigms.
- Being a great coder who writes clean, maintainable and exchangeable code.
- A desire to replace manual processes by automation and writing scripts.
- Experience with developing front-end web applications and/or mobile apps (desirable).
- Docker is also a nice to have.
- Curious about latest trends and developments in technology and a will to grow constantly.
- A passion to build high quality and engaging user experiences.
- Team player attitude and always lending a hand and take on a new challenge.
- Creativity, ambition, drive and reliability.
- Fluent communication skills in English, German is NOT required!
Once you are part of Bonial, we offer you great opportunities to grow. We have a clear career path, depending on your personal goals. In order to reach these goals, you have feedback talks with your team lead on a regular basis. Additionally, you can enjoy the view of on our roof terrace during our monthly meetups and regular team- and company events.
- Bonial is celebrating its 10th birthday this year!
- Did you know that employee number one is still working at our company?
- And our own CMO started as a trainee back in 2012.
- We have a shiny new office with a good view of the sights of Berlin.
- We have some seriously impressive Karaoke singers in the company!
- For parents – we have a nice Family-room in case your Kita is bailing on you..