Python Engineer - team Reach (m/f/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Bonial.com, part of Axel Springer SE, is a leading drive to store marketing partner across Europe and South America. Bonial inspires millions of shoppers each month by connecting them with their favorite brands & retailers.
More than 1500 retailers & brands across all retail sectors rely on the tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions from Bonial.com to promote their offers & reach measurable business results with maximized return on investment.
About the team:
Team Reach is a growing team with the mission of pushing forward a new business initiative. Our goal is to become the leaders in digital advertising by providing innovative and smart Ads in well known channels like Facebook/Instagram/Google but also via Programmatic advertising.
In a world where paper advertising is being replaced by online ads, we believe ourselves to be truly relevant in the market, while working at the technology edge. Topics like GDPR, data transfer and user interest deduction are at the heart of our operations.
We are moving the company forward into the Ad-Tech world, where we learn along the way. We develop both the business model and the engineering setup at the same time, operating independently inside an already established enterprise. We like to consider ourselves a mini-startup.
How do we achieve our goal?
- Providing creative solutions for business problems.
- Keeping engineering standards high.
- Owning solutions end to end.
- Creating fast PoCs to try out different concepts that lead to high user interest in our ads.
- Understanding, exploring and exploiting the Datalake.
- Discovering and learning new technologies.
- Proposing business ideas based on technical expertise!
Besides exploring many technologies (like Python, AWS, Docker, sql, Spark) and enjoying your time at work, you will get interesting and valuable knowledge about data privacy and how online advertising really works under the hood.
What do we ask from you?
- At least 3 years of practical experience with Python
- Practical experience with AWS (Lambda, S3, EC2…)
- Experience working in an agile software development team
- The ability to work independently, responsibly, accurately and reliably
- Real team player skills, but you are ambitious at the same time
- The ability to stay calm under stress, assess risks and make decisions
- Good communication skills in English (German not necessary)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Frontend/UIs
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Ad tech world
Once you are part of Bonial, we offer you great opportunities to grow. We have a clear careerpath, depending on your personal goals. In order to reach these goals, you have feedback talks with your team lead on a regular basis. Additionally, you can enjoy the view of on our roofterrace during our monthly meetups and regular team- and company events.
- Bonial is celebrating its 10th birthday this year!
- Did you know that employee number one is still working at our company?
- And our own CMO started as a trainee back in 2012.
- We have a shiny new office with a good view of the sights of Berlin.
- We have some seriously impressive Karaoke singers in the company!
- For parents – we have a nice Family-room in case your Kita is bailing on you..