- Berlin, Germany
Bonial.com, part of Axel Springer SE, is a leading drive to store marketing partner across Europe and South America. Bonial inspires millions of shoppers each month by connecting them with their favorite brands & retailers.
More than 1500 retailers & brands across all retail sectors rely on the tailor-made, data driven marketing solutions from Bonial.com to promote their offers & reach measurable business results with maximized return on investment.
About the team:
Team Planet Express is improving the heart of our company - the content delivery engine. Think of an analogy in the car industry, most of what automotive companies focus on is a) design and b) their engine. Team Planet Express builds Bonial’s power engine, BUT the difference to the car industry is, they are doing that while our "car engine" is already racing at 300km/h on the highway. So, this is a very complex process.
The CDP project is one of the, if not the, biggest projects we have going on at Bonial, with the goal of replacing our current CMS. As a Frontend Engineer in this team, you will have a great impact on the project, as well as the organization as a whole. Which in particular means that you will:
- have sole responsibility of the entire frontend part of our brand new CMS, together with one other team member (Frontend Engineer too)
- work with multiple business stakeholders including Product Managers and Design team members to better understand the site requirements and functionality
- work with client-side technologies as Reactjs, Angular or whatever comes next (we love Reactjs)
- perform code reviews for other team members
- improve client-side architecture
- envision and implement client side applications for a microservices architecture
What you will need:
- a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Science)
- expertise when it comes to HTML5 & CSS3 with hands-on experience in CSS preprocessors
- experience with design patterns
- experience with browser performance, compatibility and page rendering
- a detail-oriented and quality-focused mindset with a strong aesthetic sense
- experience with Reactjs, which is a big plus
- good communication skills in English and know how to express your ideas
then you would be exactly who we are looking for!
Once you are part of Bonial, we offer you great opportunities to grow. We have a clear careerpath, depending on your personal goals. In order to reach these goals, you have feedback talks with your team lead on a regular basis. Additionally, you can enjoy the view of on our roofterrace during our monthly meetups and regular team- and company events.
- Bonial is celebrating its 10th birthday this year!
- Did you know that employee number one is still working at our company?
- And our own CMO started as a trainee back in 2012.
- We have a shiny new office with a good view of the sights of Berlin.
- We have some seriously impressive Karaoke singers in the company!
- For parents – we have a nice Family-room in case your Kita is bailing on you..