Backend Engineer - API (m/f)
- Berlin, Germany
Bonial.com operates the leading location based shopping platform worldwide, with a complementary portfolio of brands and products to connect shoppers with their favourite local stores and brands. Reaching 25 million users each month, our brands focus on all stages of the shopping journey: discovering deals, following favourite stores, creating shopping lists and ultimately making a trip to the store.
About the team:
The Atlantis team is responsible for the core of all of the engineering projects at Bonial. We are a large team responsible for the backend systems from content creation right through to delivery via APIs. We are looking for a Backend Engineer in the API team to work with the sub-group dedicated to client traffic, APIs, search and recommendation engines.
As an Engineer in our Backend team, you’re ensuring our components keep on talking to each other, which means in particular:
- Playing an active role in the development of high-traffic, real-time, geo-located online applications and surrounding ecosystems.
- Being an active driver of refactoring and scaling.
- Checking API compatibilities and unifying them.
- Gaining experience in programming Java8 and in Groovy & Grails as well.
- Exploring technologies like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Rest API, AWS, Kafka and Spark
- Building a system in the spirit of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Working on the notification system, the search engine and hey, maintenance is always part of the job, isn’t it?
If you have...
- 4+ years of practical Java experience.
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring as well.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, which is a big plus.
- Eperience working in an agile software development team.
- The ability to work independently, responsibly, accurately and reliably.
- Real team playerskills, but you are ambitious at the same time.
- The ability to stay calm under stress, assess risks and make decisions.
- Good communication skills and know how to express your ideas in English.
Then you would be exactly who we are looking for!
You can expect...
- To be the next member of a diverse and international team and company with people from all over the world.
- To contribute and learn things, every day!
- Room to grow: you will have the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and take on real responsibilities.
- A friendly atmosphere with lots of after-work activities and events.