Network Operation Engineer (NOC Engineer)
- Golf Course Road, Gurugram, HR, India, Gurugram, India
Launched in 2007, ixigo is an AI-based travel app based in Gurugram, India. ixigo services Indian travellers and their travel utility, planning and booking problems using technology and artificial intelligence. Offering train, flight and bus utility & bookings, the company applies AI for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, airfare predictions & alerts, train delay prediction, PNR confirmation prediction and automated customer service.
As a member of the Team, you will utilize your hands-on experience in providing critical on-shift support to diagnose and respond to large-scale server/networking events, and building resilient cutting-edge cloud-based infrastructure.
- Take ownership of monitoring the performance and availability of high-priority systems, as well as responding to time-critical incidents and looking at failures. You'll also have some Data Centre management responsibilities, as we are heavily cloud-focused (AWS).
- Monitor the performance and capacity of applications, network, and computer systems using a variety of tools. Look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions. When an issue is identified, work to determine the cause of the problem.
- Works to troubleshoot the problem, follow standard operating procedures, escalate and coordinate the issue to respective teams for assistance in reaching a resolution. Maintain ongoing communication within the team and externally, keep all stakeholders aware of relevant, known issues and the steps being taken.
- While responding to incidents, carefully track and document all issues and resolutions in detail.
- Strong analytical thinkers who enjoy solving problems and thrive in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to assess a situation and determine tactical steps forward, and can help the team in implementing a strategic plan.
- Experience managing, supporting, and deploying network infrastructures
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events, or issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 1-5 years of experience, have strong technical and analytical troubleshooting skills and experience working in a technical support / network support role
- Hands-on experience of cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiar with distributed / microservices architecture
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Comfortable with command line shells, e.g. Bash, Zsh etc.
- Working knowledge of modern scripting languages e.g. Python
- Must be available to work on weekends and/or holidays as scheduled.
- Experience and knowledge of Cyber Security and Compliance engagement.
- Better if you have AWS certifications.
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Our Culture: ixigo is proud to have built an entrepreneurial culture that has become a folk-lore in the startup ecosystem. One in every four ixigems has gone on to build successful startups and companies. Our cultural values of integrity, empathy, ingenuity, awesomeness, and resilience have stood the tests of time and we’ve built a fun, flexible, and creative work environment that is driven by people with a high degree of ownership. You will get to work with some of the smartest folks in the Indian startup ecosystem, and solve some of the toughest problems for the next billion users by using bleeding-edge technologies. Oh, and we have an awesome “play” area, great chai/coffee, free lunches (yes, they exist!), and a workspace you will fall in love with.