Software Engineer - Frontend (React.js)
- Gurugram, Gurugram, India
Launched in 2007, ixigo is an AI-based travel app based in Gurugram, India. ixigo services Indian travellers and their travel utility, planning and booking problems using technology and artificial intelligence. Offering train, flight and bus utility & bookings, the company applies AI for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, airfare predictions & alerts, train delay prediction, PNR confirmation prediction and automated customer service.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in design, planning, development and deployment and help develop best practices for future development. You will be working closely with the Tech, Design and Quality team to build and launch the product.
- Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you ship
- Design, implement and maintain highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- 1.5 + years of experience, working with Full Stack Technologies.
- Hands-on experience and working Knowledge of React with SSR, Advanced NodeJS and MongoDB.
- JS design patterns and concepts of OOPS and functional programming in JS.
- Fluent in responsive design and development for mobile and tablet devices.
- Must have knowledge of web vitals and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience of building high performance and scalable applications.
- Sense for appeal & aesthetics from a usability perspective.
- Practical in-depth knowledge of frontend build tools like webpack.
- Open-source contributions are a huge plus.
- Broader Mindset and have overall industry knowledge of latest trends and technologies.
- Experience with Facebook (Graph) APIs.
- Fluent in responsive design and development for mobile and tablet devices
- Sense for appeal & aesthetics from a usability perspective
Good to have
- Familiarity with Wordpress, Ghost JS blogging Frameworks
- Understanding of SEO, Digital/Content Marketing in general will be a huge plus.