- 6/99 King St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Inhabit is a specialist consultancy that focuses on the design and advancement of the built environment. We are committed to making a positive impact on a global scale with human experience central to our work. Our solutions-based approach provides Inhabit opportunities to work as creative design partners of Australia’s leading designers in Architecture, Engineering, Fabrication and Remedial fields, from concept to completion. Our specialist disciplines include façade design, sustainability, acoustics, audio-visual and architectural lighting.
- Newly created role, Permanent Part-Time 2 days per week (with your choice of days)
- Develop your learning and gain experience in diverse aspects of accounting processes and the business
- Great opportunity to grow and be part of a supportive and dedicated team
Inhabit has a culture that values progressive ideas, initiative, commitment and continuous learning, where everyone can make a difference. Due to continuing growth, Inhabit has created this exciting opportunity for a Permanent Part-Time Accounts Assistant with a positive and enthusiastic mindset to join the Melbourne office, working alongside our experienced accounts team and reporting to our Accountant.
In this role you will be primarily working on our global accounting system (Infor Sun System). Your timely and accurate data entry responsibilities will include:
- Allocate payments
- Balance payments received in accounting system with the bank statement
- Process revenue in monthly sales reports
- Process invoices to be paid
- Match staff claims receipts and company credit card receipts
- Process month end staff claims
- Process company credit cards
- Record all transactions in bank statement
- Complete payment runs for month end payments
- Month end bank reconciliations
- Debtors and creditors reconciliations
- Revenue/Sales reconciliations
Skills and Experience
- As a minimum, working towards a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Major in Accounting)
- Solid understanding of different types of accounting entries
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, proactive learner and commitment to your work
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team with a positive mindset
- Good Microsoft Office skills with competency in Excel and related software and ability to learn new accounting and invoicing systems quickly
What We Offer:
- Access to training and development
- Company Paid Maternity/Paternity leave and Purchased leave
- An Employee Assistance Program available to Inhabit staff, family and household members
- Office fresh fruit and coffee machine
- Staff events and Friday night snacks
- Friday casual clothes day
The salary will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
Please upload your cover letter and CV addressing the above criteria to our careers portal.
We will be excited to meet with you if your skills, experience and approach to learning and continuous improvement are aligned with ours.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/
We thank all candidates for considering Inhabit as a prospective employer. Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates can be contacted.
Please no agencies.`