- Hong Kong
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
As our Hong Kong office continues to grow, undertaking new projects with some of Asia’s most prestigious and well respected architecture firms and clients, we are seeking an experienced Façade Designer to work with our Hong Kong design team. This role will see you working closely with other team members to produce and develop different façade systems and details whilst also developing your own personal skills in design, engineering and materials. This opportunity is ideal for a highly motivated façade designer who wants to be part of a growing business.
About the Role
The role includes:
- Developing different façade systems for a variety of climates, structural conditions, etc
- Producing details of façade systems based on architectural sketches
- Working closely with other team members to produce concept, detailed and tender packages
- Development of own skills in design, engineering, materials, etc
- Communicating regularly with design team and manager
- Attending meetings with architects and contractors
Skills and Experience
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in façade design
- Degree or diploma holder of Mechanical / Civil / Structural Engineering
- Proficiency in ACAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English
Highly Regarded Skills & Attributes
The following will be considered advantageous for the application:
- Written and spoken Mandarin
- Knowledge of 3D design software (Rhino, CATIA, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D geometrical analysis (Grasshopper, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/