Digital PR and Social Media Internship - Fall/Winter 2018
- 300 Washington St, Newton, MA 02458, USA
ESTABLISHED IN 2007, INSEGMENT, AN INC 5000 COMPANY, IS A FULL-SERVICE DIGITAL MARKETING AND ADVERTISING AGENCY
Located at the heart of one of the most innovative technology hubs in the world - Boston. Working across strategy, creativity and a meticulous engineering process, we pride ourselves on bringing clients quantifiable, high-impact marketing results. We provide our clients with the most innovative digital marketing solutions in the market today, accomplishing client goals while delivering a maximum return on investment.
This internship examines the digital realm of public relations and how the ever-evolving web landscape continues to change the industry. The key channels through which companies communicate with their audience are constantly changing; this internship allows students to learn how companies communicate with their audiences, and how digital PR and social media can help a company accomplish a variety of goals.
Interns will learn how a digital agency creates social media strategies. They will learn about the initial stages of setting goals, evaluating existing channels, creating a social media strategy all the way through to the implementation of and reporting on those communications strategies. inSegment is a hands-on learning environment in which interns can gain knowledge of how to foster two way communications between companies and their customers, a greater understanding of how to leverage social media for marketing and PR purposes, stronger writing skills, and published works for their portfolios.
- Create and maintain marketing content.
- Conduct research of social media trends
- Perform daily news monitoring
- Participate in weekly social media strategy and planning meetings
- Write posts for a variety of social media accounts
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in blog writing preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Creativity and ability to come up with interesting ideas for blogs, articles and social media posts and campaigns
- Experience and knowledge of social media management and usage of Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn preferred.
- Basic computer literacy a must: proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Google Docs and PowerPoint.
- Public Relations
- Other concentrations welcome
Please provide writing samples and cover letter to be considered for this internship.