Interior Design Manager
- Puebla, Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
To lead, develop and inspire a team of Interior Design co-workers to create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA Brand as the leader in life at home and increase interest for home furnishing in the local market.
- Lead and manage a team of Interior Design co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation and home furnishing solutions in the store.
- Be responsible for gathering and translating insights from home visit interviews and local market researches into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing.
- Lead a team of Interior Design co-workers in creating the store Showroom matrix that reflects a wide variety of styles, living situations, long term home furnishing priorities and price levels that create a good tempo with distinct visual impressions.
- Secure that interior designers execute home furnishing solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency using global tools and best practices.
- Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to support the retail design manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with strong visual impressions.
- Actively support in the development of the department action plan with interior design initiatives that are focused on growing the business and support long-term profitability and execute agreed plans together with the retail design team and other functions.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and competence development of Interior Design co-workers and secure successor planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
- Actively contribute in the national Interior Design Managers network and share national directions and global tools with the Interior Design co-workers in the stores.
- Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and ensure the Interior Design co-workers understand the impact of actions on the financial results.
- Ensure the team always keep visitors in mind, disruption is minimised and communicate changes when working on the shop floor.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives.
- Knowledge of home furnishings in the local market.
- Range presentation in retail
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research.
- Understand interior design and trends that influence home furnishing.
- Understand how to lead creative processes.
- Understand how to build interior design competence.
- Commercial lighting
- Possess an interior design-based or architecture-based education. Significant experience of working as an interior designer or an architect.
- Clear communication and coaching skills, i.e the ability to visually and verbally present an idea or solution.
- Build trust and communicate clearly with different people and groups of people in various situations.
- Proven success in leading creative processes and creating a trustful environment.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- A natural ability to move smoothly from assessing the bigger picture to seeing the small details.
- Set and implement action plans, set expectations, provide clear direction and follow up goals.
- Ability to identify and combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Experience of working in a fast retail environment.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software AutoCAD (mandatory), Revit (preferred), Sketch-up(preferred), Ms office (preferred) etc.
- The IKEA values truly reflect personal values
- A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing, home furnishing, people’s life at home.
- Provide home furnishing solutions that improve people’s life at home and exceed visitors' shopping experience.
- Constantly growing knowledge, capabilities, motivation and developing people and personal competence.
- Driven to exceed goals and possess a desire to improve the ways of working by helping the team succeed and develop.
This position is based in Puebla City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.