Graphic Design Specialist
- Puebla, Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
To secure that store communication completes and amplifies the shopping experience and range presentation through IKEA visual and verbal identity thereby contributing to building consumers' perception of the IKEA Brand in the local market as unique and consistent.
- Use graphic communication competence to strengthen the uniqueness and consistency of the IKEA identity in store communication by applying the principles of IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- Plan, implement and evaluate store communication to enhance range presentation by using proven solutions, best practices, guidelines and national directions.
- Secure visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing store communication.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Actively contribute to developing, implementing and evaluating store communication strategies that support a convenient shopping experience by using knowledge about life at home and shopping behaviour in the local market.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the retail design team and other functions in the store, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Stay up to date with knowledge about home furnishing, communication and retail design trends to follow creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors
- Keep visitors in mind and minimise disruption when working on the shop floor.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives.
- Retail communication
- Range presentation in retail
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research
- Good knowledge of trends that influence home furnishing and communication
- Commercial lighting
- An education or experience in graphic communication design, media or typography.
- Ability to visually, sketch and verbally present an idea or solution.
- Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work to make the most efficient use of available time and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
- Basic communication skills in English, good verbal and written skills in country (market) specific language(s)
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and production tools, e.g. printers, pre-press production and print techniques.
- The IKEA values truly reflect personal values.
- A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing.
- Passionate about home furnishing solutions that improve people’s life at home.
- Constantly growing knowledge, capabilities, motivation and developing personal competence.
- Driven to exceed goals and a desire to improve ways of working.
This position is based in Puebla City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.