Visual Merchandising Specialist
- Puebla, Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
To create inspiring store solutions for an easy and convenient shopping experience and increasing vitality by translating deep knowledge about consumer buying behaviour, store layout, range presentation and local market knowledge thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the home furnishing specialist and the IKEA store as an up-to-date and innovative destination that always offers something new.
- Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality.
- Use the knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market to plan and implement relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet the many individual tastes and exceed our visitor's expectations.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the retail design team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of actions on the financial results.
- Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness in planning and implementing all range presentation solutions by applying national directions and using global tools, proven solutions and best practices.
- Actively contribute to gathering insights about store layout and range presentation and translating this knowledge into relevant and inspiring store solutions that will support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, minimise disruption and remain aware at all times of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors.
- Stay up to date with knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives.
- Range presentation in retail.
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research,
- Understand trends that influence home furnishing and retailing.
- Commercial calendar and store activities.
- Commercial lighting.
- Retail communication.
- A design-based education or experience in retail design
- Ability to visually and verbally present an idea or solution.
- Confidence in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- The IKEA values truly reflect personal values.
- A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing.
- Provide range presentation solutions that improve people’s life at home and exceed visitors' shopping experience.
- Constantly growing knowledge, capabilities, motivation and developing personal competence
- Driven to exceed goals and a desire to improve ways of working
This position is based in Puebla City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.