Visual Merchandising Manager
- Puebla, Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
To lead, develop and inspire a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers in creating exciting range presentation solutions that provide an easy and convenient shopping experience and increase vitality thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the home furnishing specialist and the IKEA store as an up-to-date and innovative destination that always offers something new.
- Lead and manage a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store.
- Responsible for gathering and translating knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market into relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions that support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Lead a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity Co-workers in creating relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet many individual tastes and exceed visitor's expectations.
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable about retailing, home furnishing and trends in order to support the retail design manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- Actively support in developing the department action plan using layout as a commercial tool as well as range presentation and vitality initiatives that are focused on growing the business and supporting long-term profitability and execute agreed plans together with the retail design team and other functions.
- Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and ensure the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers understand the impact of actions on the financial result.
- Ensure that Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers base their work on the layout as a commercial tool and execute range presentation solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency by applying national directions and using global tools and best practices.
- Ensure the team always keep visitors in mind, minimise disruption and communicate changes when working on the shop floor.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and competence development of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and securing personal succession planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
- Actively contribute in the national Visual Merchandising/Activity Managers network and share national directions and global tools with the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers in the stores.
- Solid experience in range presentation in retail.
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research,
- The work method for presenting the IKEA range.
- Understand trends that influence home furnishing and retailing.
- Understand how to lead creative processes.
- Understand how to build visual merchandising and activity competence.
- Commercial lighting.
- Retail communication.
- A design-based education. Significant experience of working in retail design.
- Clear communication and coaching skills, i.e the ability to visually and verbally present an idea or solution.
- Build trust and communicate clearly with different people and groups of people in various situations.
- Proven success in managing and leading creative processes and coaching people.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- A natural ability to move smoothly from assessing the bigger picture to seeing the small details.
- Set and implement action plans, set expectations, provide clear direction and follow up goals.
- Ability to combine and identify commercial, aesthetics and practical skills.
- Experience of working in a fast retail environment.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software AutoCAD (mandatory), Revit (preferred), Sketch-up(preferred), Ms office (preferred) etc.
- The IKEA values truly reflect personal values.
- A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing.
- Provide range presentation solutions that improve people’s life at home and exceed visitors' shopping experience.
- Constantly growing knowledge, capabilities, motivation and developing people and personal competence.
- Driven to exceed goals and a desire to improve ways of work by helping the team succeed and develop.
This position is based in Puebla City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.