Real Estate Manager
- Av. Paseo de las Palmas, Lomas de Chapultepec, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
Who we are looking for
- Know the Mexican retail real estate market inside and out.
- Are fluent in both Spanish and English, both in spoken and written communication.
- Love to drive process all the way from strategy and analysis, through land search and negotiations, to the coordination and documentation of complex feasibility studies
- Are a down to earth, flexible person that shares our values and never hesitates to roll up your sleeves and work hard with short deadlines.
If you read the above one more time and still think that you are a match - then we’d love to hear from you!
Please use the link below and the smart recruiter webpage for all communication regarding the position. We will not be able to respond to any queries sent through other channels.
The Real Estate Manger is responsible for site acquisition, scouting, negotiations, commercial terms, JV setup and real estate matters of allocated countries and projects, in accordance with the IKEA strategy.
- Monitor and manage of real estate portfolio of land, building and lease contracts, supported by Legal, Risk and Finance.
- Engage government, authorities, developers and consultants, securing their positive interests and commitment towards IKEA and the overall investment.
- Develop Location Strategy for new markets, supported by market analysis.
- Source for and investigate Long List of real estate opportunities.
- Recommend a Short List and then a Preferred Site through the Site Selection Process via the following criteria:
- Market Potential
- Implementation of IKEA concept via Store & Site Study
- Implementation of SC and/or MXD concept
- Infrastructure (Main Roads, Access Roads & Utilities)
- Frontage and visibility
- Ownership and partnership type
- Commercial terms
- Coordinate Investment request processes, ensure sites are delivered on time, on budget and best possible conditions in terms of opportunities, costs, risks and limitations.
- Conduct Test Fits with IKEA/SC/MXD concept and authorities requirements in cooperation with Head of Development and Head of Design & Establishment.
- Conduct legal and technical due diligence for land acquisition.
- Manage cost and services for land acquisition and preparation.
- Negotiate and manage land contracts, licenses and permits towards final title deed, supported by Legal.
- Identify, assess and recommend partnership setup, supported by Legal & Risk.
- Manage real estate assignments in zoning, land assembly, division, strata and land sale in order to support IKEA/SC land use and operations.
- Property & Land Fact File whole region, Location Opportunities File per country
- Expansion Business Plan, Main Actions and other Expansion Management Team work.
- Board materials and presentations.
- Provide real estate advice and cross reference Real Estate and Market Analysis other IKEA countries for best practices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position preferably with an international retailer or shopping centre developer
- Good knowledge of economics and urban planning
- Good knowledge of retail, real estate and investment
- Strong presentation & negotiation skills to influence and convince stakeholders & partners
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English and Spanish (MUST)
- Good project management experience
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here!
Send us your CV in English.