Head of IT
- Av. Paseo de las Palmas 275, Lomas de Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo, 11000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
To lead, deliver and anchor the IT planning, procurement and implementation of IT solutions to support the service office and store operations in alignment with the local business priorities and compliance needs together with ISEAMX IT business plan, processes and common solution approach.
To collaborate, facilitate and engage with business leaders, external partners and vendors to drive technology adoption to achieve competitive business benefits, customer experience and cost effectiveness on a strategic, progressive and proactive basis.
- Lead, deliver and anchor IT planning, development & support incl. applications and infrastructure and operations required by IKEA Mexico business to achieve long-term business capabilities, benefits and mitigate risks;
- Lead, deliver and anchor local implementation of IT systems, solutions and services to achieve business benefits in a synergistic, proactive and cost effective manner within planned scope, schedule and budgets
- Maintain service level agreements with Mexico service office and stores for availability, stability, response time and performance of the IT services;
- Ensure that IT Systems operate according to IT policies, standards, compliance, governance and best practices;
- Work closely with business leaders, functional managers, super users and vendors to ensure IT solution meet business priorities, fit-for-use & quality objectives
- Facilitate, develop and support super users in competency development, testing and implementation of IT systems & solutions to meet operational expectations
- Ensure the data protection, integrity, security and life cycle management of IT assets
- Lead, review, support and ensure compliance of IT hardware, software licenses, subscription & services procurement, acquisition and maintenance contracts
- Plan, review and improve the system recovery procedures to ensure effective and timely recovery of business data & IT services in the event of a disaster
- Plan, review and manage local IT budgets, spend tracking, forecasting & analysis
- Plan, develop and support IT competence development incl. recruitment, retention and succession planning among IKEA Mexico co-workers within and outside IT.
- A degree in IT Professional disciplines (Computer / Information Technology)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT lead role to plan, develop and support large scale and multi-channel retail business needs, priorities, processes and operations
- Implementation experience in IT application systems in retail environment (IKEA retail systems incl. Microsoft Navision Business Central, LS Retail, CRM, SQL Database, COGNOS, TM1, QlikView and integration technologies)
- Good knowledge in IT infrastructure, network and security technologies (Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMWARE, Citrix, EMC Storage, CISCO, Firewall, SCCM)
- Good experience in measurement, monitoring and improving IT architecture & operations and support including audit, security and compliance risk assessment (Service Desk, System monitoring, Backup, Azure, Patching & Malware protection)
- Knowledge and experience in System testing to collaborate with super users and IT team in preparation of test plans, expected results and system setup
- Experience in IT budget planning, spend tracking, analysis and forecast. Also project management planning, execution & controlling.
- Understanding and connectivity with local IT ecosystem, solution landscape and legal compliance (incl. vendor, IT professional groups, user groups etc.) in Mexico
- Strong planning, analytical, communication & problem solving skills
- Fast learner with ability to drive change management and navigate ambiguous situations
- Proficient in facilitation, discussion and decision making with good communication,
- Innovative with ability to challenge common ways of working
- A strong drive for results with teamwork, tenacity and attention to details
- Customer service orientation & value-add mind-set
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (spoken & written)
You will be based in Mexico City and you will have the opportunity to be part of establishing IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective.
Because here opportunities arise and growth follows!
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here sending your resume in English.