Systems Engineer, NAVISION expert (IT Applications)
- Av. Paseo de las Palmas 275, Lomas de Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo, 11000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
The Systems Engineer role supports, maintains and administers IT business applications incl. databases, interfaces and Point of Sales (POS).
The basic responsibilities of Systems Engineer involves IT business applications administration & operations related back-end and field support roles. The System Engineer role covers the following key focus areas in their IT support portfolio:
- Navision, CRM, Point-of-Sale (POS), SQL Database and E-Commerce related to Store and Service Office administration
- User support – Service Desk
- Business Applications testing, training, deployment and documentation
The primary focus of this role is technical in depth. There is a good portion requiring inter-personal and inter-departmental discussion on the business needs and governance. Both technical and inter-personal skills are required for this specialist role.
Provide support to the IT Systems with focus on Business IT Applications (Stores, Shopping Centres, Expansion and Service Organisation)
- Ensure that the Business applications are maintained, supported and administered to maintain high level of availability, stability and performance
- Support Service Desk Operations, Audit and Compliance
- Plan, design, execute, monitor, control and closure of assigned IT projects, change requests and work streams and deliver as per purpose, priorities, scope, cost and timelines
- Coordinate with vendors, facilitate technical meetings and provide procurement administration
- Carry out required Users Acceptance Tests accordingly to pre-defined requirements and test cases
- Creates and maintains system and applications technical documentation and training materials.
- Proactively anticipate project issues and mitigate risks during project execution.
Day-to-Day IT Operations (Core Responsibilities)
- Investigate and solve service desk issues as per assigned severity levels to comply with service Level
- Develop quick Level 1 & 2 resolution processes for common issues
- Escalate issues according to IT support and compliance escalation guidelines
- Communicate with end-users and local IT Operations team regarding incident status
- Plan and carry out patch management, backup and DR exercise
- Provide IT application support/installation/configuration/ troubleshooting which includes Store, Shopping Centres and SO business functions
- Provide review to ensure that all incident tickets, regardless of assignment, are closed
- Provide Weekend & After-Office Store Support for critical Store Retail System on need basis
- Coordinate with IT Operations or related vendors helpdesk for repairs/maintenance of Hardware
- Monitor software license compliance through physical checks and tools (Service Desk and SCCM).
- Coordinate on-site work with authorised vendors during rebuild, relocations or repairs.
- Work with the Department Managers and the Training Co-ordinator to design, implement and review training programs for all users
Business Applications related IT operations
- Primary focus on Navision, LS Retail, CRM, E-Commerce, SQL Database and interfaces
- Applications also include: Business Intelligence and Finance Accounting systems
- Responsible for the Applications Servers uptime to Business (IKEA, Shopping Centre, Expansion)
- Responsible for and administer of Backup & Recovery tools, routines and annual DR
- Management and supporting of in-house and Retail Store related systems (including point of sales) and Inter-IKEA IT Tools (IHP, IXP, PIA..)
- Maintains documentation and training material for servers
- Maintain user accounts access to Active Directory and relevant IT servers (Mail, CDS,
- Remote, authorised Vendors)
- Regularly communicate to Business Managers on account
- Monitor event logs and manage documentation with external auditors
Knowledge & Experience
- Possess at least a Tertiary qualifications: Diploma, Higher Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3-4 years of working experience in supporting Enterprise Applications:
- Navision Administration
- LS Retail & POS System
- CRM Administration
- BI/Data Analytics
- SQL Server administration (DBA) SQL or Navision Programming
- At least 3-4 year of working experience in retail environment
- Good understanding and experience of IT Applications administration in Cloud environment such as AWS, AZURE, SaaS
- Service oriented and problem solving mindset
- Excellent team work, interpersonal skills, enthusiastic
- Good communication in English and Spanish
- Influencing skills
- Organized and structured approach
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here sending your resume in English by clicking in "I´m interested"