Sr. Network Systems Engineer
- Culver City Location, 6000 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230, USA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: Sr. Network Systems Engineer
Location: Culver City CA
Duration: 6+ Months
Our Client is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. The Enterprise Monitoring Technology Engineer is responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining, enterprise monitoring technology platforms. This team member cooperates with various IT and Information Security departments to produce and document monitoring schema for network infrastructure. This team member implements and maintains monitoring technology in a 24x7 enterprise production environment. The candidate we are looking for will be focused primarily in helping to sustain and deliver enhanced monitoring services in our synthetic monitoring practice.
- From a broad selection of monitoring tools, conceptualize, develop, and implement vendor or custom monitoring solutions to ensure system functions at peak performance.
- Identify, analyze, architect, and test enhancements or bug fixes to the current systems management infrastructure to meet changing requirements and increase productivity.
- Analyze processes to establish technical guidelines and standards for systems monitoring.
- Provide administrative support for configuration and proper operation of all networking tools.
- Configuration of threshold and monitoring parameters for proactive and predictive monitoring
- Net flow Analysis - Utilization reports, Top IP talkers, Identifying Hikes i.e. Threshold usage and monitoring
- Configuration of Additional polling based on requirement
- Setting up of dashboard views / custom views for specified manager and user views based on requirements.
- On-boarding/off boarding network assets to solarwinds, redseal, netmri, tufin, cmdb, DNS, TACACS and GSRIT.
- Work with architecture team to ensure continued fit of network monitoring infrastructure with global architecture
- Provide on-call service as needed.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 10 years employment in the IT industry working with a major systems and vendors.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in network engineering/support.
- Minimum 8 years of experience implementing/administering enterprise monitoring too
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and understand documentation and procedures pertaining to the operation of networks, servers, and applications.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong TCP/IP and SNMP skills are required.
- Protocol Analysis, network performance analysis, network capacity planning, and network troubleshooting.
- Ability to generate meaningful reports from various data sources.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of scripting languages including Power Shell, UNIX shell, Perl, and VB script.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco hardware platforms, switching, routing (including EIGRP, BGP), IOS, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, cabling infrastructure, firewalls, remote access systems, wireless, MPLS, VPN, multicast, WAN acceleration, wide area networking technologies, DNS/DHCP/NTP (Infoblox) , authentication technologies, 802.1x, spanning-tree, layer 2 security, RADIUS/TACACS/ISE, QoS, F5 load-balancing
- Strong awareness of non-networking IT disciplines such as Windows and Linux server systems, clustering, storage area networks, RSA, information security, PKI, Active Directory, multi-tiered application architecture and possess understanding of how to support these applications/protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Handle multiple tasks and must be flexible in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Implementation/administration knowledge of popular monitoring suites such as:
- SNMP (inc. v3)
- Solarwinds (particularly NPM, NCM and NetFlow modules)
- InfoBlox (for IPAM, DNS & DHCP)
Must Have: Cisco IPv6 BGP Switching Routing IPAM DNS DHCP