Linux Application / Kernel Developer (Co-op Position)
- 300 Hagey Blvd, Waterloo, ON N2L 0A4, Canada
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
- Application and Kernel development on Linux platform to support variety of POCs
- Support senior researchers on a variety of research oriented projects
- Currently enrolled in a university and registered with school’s co-op program
- Proficient in C and C++ programming
- Familiar with Linux software development tools and environment setup
- Familiar with at least one source code version control system
- Good understanding about standard POSIX API and Linux application programming
- Good understanding about Linux kernel and driver development
- Knowledge about Linux application and/or kernel security is a plus
Huawei Canada is committed to providing valuable co-op opportunities to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Working with us provides you the opportunities to network with the world leading professionals, to integrate theoretical knowledge with practical skills, and most importantly, to experience the cutting-edge technology before everyone else.
We have internships throughout the year for you to choose from, co-op work term (4, 8, 12, 16 months) may begin in September, January, and May. Join us and together we will pave the way towards a better connected world.