- Kalamazoo, MI, USA
This position buys direct and indirect material used to build high quality vehicles and components to support manufacturing and aftermarket part sales; manages suppliers, develops bids, analyzes PO suggestions daily, performs make vs. buy analysis, places orders and expedites material used in the manufacturing of product.
Perform activities to source, manage, maintain, and implement contracts and purchase orders and the associated databases; and with supplier performance monitoring.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies that align with and support manufacturing and sales objectives.
- Provides leadership on major/company-wide projects relating to purchasing/materials management.
- Maintains and shares a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, applicable standards and regulatory requirements, products, processes and applies it to projects.
- Lead supply base optimization to reduce supply risk and deliver the best total landed cost.
- Conduct make/buy analysis on critical components in support of corporate objectives and profitability.
- Coach and mentor associate buyers in best practices.
- Support delivery, quality, and cost objectives by developing and implementing sourcing strategies for materials serviced and purchased.
- Analyze and process PO suggestions, and other reports to determine appropriate purchases and delivery schedule.
- Generate purchase requirements for assigned suppliers, commodities, parts, and services as required.
- Expedite as required for assigned suppliers/parts/services.
- Lead improvements in efficiency and effectiveness within Purchasing and other teams that support operations throughput.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S) in Business Management or Supply Chain plus 6-8 years related experience in procurement.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in an Engineer-to-Order manufacturing environment utilizing Material Requirements Planning.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
- Negotiation skills.
- Leading Make/Buy analysis.
- Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Coordinate a high level of activities under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships.