- Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Our client is a global supplier of mobile equipment. They sell and support products on six continents, offering exceptional product solutions and world class aftermarket support.
The Electrical Engineer will design, develop and support products which rely upon electric actuation for functionality. A successful Electrical Engineer will have a background in the design of vehicle electrical systems, selection / integration of components to meet system requirements, and a demonstrated ability to assist in troubleshooting control systems.
• Design electrical systems to meet requirements of customized vehicle orders.
• Design major parts and assemblies, utilizing CAD (Draftsight, SolidWorks Electrical and SolidWorks 3D) to ensure proper form, fit, and function of design.
• Prepare calculations for design adequacy in areas of component design.
• Determine root cause and resolution of vehicle integration problems on the production floor.
• Prepare and/or check bills of material, create new part numbers, and manage engineering change orders.
• Use knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete designs.
• Exercise ingenuity to solve problems without extensive supervision.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Meet deadlines while completing each job thoroughly and accurately.
• Use foresight to identify and minimize risks associated with vehicle operations or maintenance.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with employees to ensure a cooperative and productive work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field from an accredited university (with strong knowledge in electric system and circuits).
· At least three years of experience with potential of expanding position/responsibilities for candidates with seven or more years of experience.
· Previous hands on experience with electrical equipment, either through previous employment, personal interests, or other non-engineering positions.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
• Thorough understanding of electrical circuits and system functions.
• Candidates must have excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or hobbies.
• Knowledge of electronic components such as Micro controllers, PLCs, etc. and vehicle CANbus is beneficial.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement processes is beneficial.