Program Assistant (FO)
- USAID, Washington, DC, United States
Know Way. Know How. For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize result.
Highlight is seeking a detail-oriented Program Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL), which develops the policies and strategies that guide USAID’s worldwide mission to support countries on their Journey to Self-Reliance.
You will be responsible for assisting the Front Office with daily tasks; drafting memos and other written communications, organizing and coordinating both internal and external meetings, supporting USAID Directors, as well as other activities.
- Communicate, coordinate, and perform outreach with various teams inside and outside of USAID.
- Plan and prepare meetings and events.
- Perform and monitor administrative requirements such as payroll, and time and attendance records.
- Coordinate and book travel for team members.
- Manage and advise travel procedures for staff including travel requirements: e.g. clearances, country travel concurrences, and voucher preparations.
- Draft meeting notes, correspondence, recommendations, reports, and memoranda.
- Manage shared organized electronic filing system.
- Coordinate with other USAID bureaus when tasks require a collaborative response.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Current Secret Clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years of experience working in a related position.
- International relations background.
- USAID experience preferred.
- Relationship management experience and ability to work under short-term deadlines.
Highlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.