Mid-Level UX Designer
- NGA, Springfield, VA, United States
Know Way. Know How. For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize result
Highlight is seeking a Mid-Level UX Designer to provide web design and development for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) internal and public websites. Our team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining state-of-the-art websites and web applications for the Agency. As a Mid-Level UX Designer, you will work closely with front-end users to collect business requirements and communicate design & development ideas focused around implementing user-friendly sites.
What you will accomplish on the job:
- Improve the user experience and web presence of our intel customer.
- Create wireframes
- Create web based graphics.
- Web design layout.
- Use tools: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Develop user friendly websites.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Top Secret clearance required, we will upgrade you to a TS/SCI clearance.
- Minimum of four (4) years of general computer programming experience, including two (2) year of specialized experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar discipline. A year of college education is the equivalent of two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suites, specifically using Illustrator or Photoshop to create Web based graphics.
- Prefer AJAX, JQuery
- Strong oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties described above.
Highlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.