Special Access Program Security Officer
- DoD, Arlington, VA, us
Investing in People, Serving our Nation.
We provide the security expertise and support for Joint Staff’s SAP. The support we provide is a combination of personnel, facility, information, and some IT security support. Ultimately, we are the group that ensures that overall program security is being conducted properly.
You will be the security manager for one Special Access Program and serve as a security subject matter expert for multiple other Special Access Programs. More specifically, you will provide personnel security (initiate and review access requests), information security (develop security classification guides, document control, program security plans, and compliance reviews), and physical security (facility accreditation, access control, and inspections).
On any given day you will:
- Review program access for cleared people
- Give security briefings and debriefings (Generals Officers and below)
- Set and monitor operational security requirements for SAP programs and Alternate Compensatory Control measure (ACCM) programs
- Run security incidents and provide oversight to security investigations
- Act as the Top Secret Control Officer for multiple SAP programs
- Ensuring the facility is able to pass inspections (Joint Staff, NSA, and DIA)
- Conduct document reviews (marking reviews, declassification reviews, FOIA)
Successful candidates will have knowledge of SAP security concepts, principles, and practices to review, analyze, and resolve complex issues; skills in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating security programs to meet mission requirements and improve the overall security program; and the ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers.
- TS / SCI with SAP clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-8 years of security experience
- 2 years of demonstrated experience with the job duties listed above (or similar duties).
- Must have completed: Center for the Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) – Introduction to Special Access Programs.
- Preferred to have completed CDSE – Mid-level Special Access Programs.
- Preferred to have a SFPC
- Must have thorough understanding security guidelines: DOD Directive 5205.07; DOD Instruction 5205.11; DOD Manual 5205.07, Vol. 1 – 4.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.