- HHS, Washington, DC
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
Highlight Technologies is seeking a seasoned Finance Manager to manage a team of 18 FTEs responsible for providing grant and financial management support to the Office of Head Start (OHS) under Health and Human Services (HHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), which provides national leadership and direction to plan, manage, and coordinate the nationwide administration of comprehensive and supportive programs for vulnerable children and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Senior Government Officials, in six different divisions at Head Start where we have staff assigned to different tasks and the OHS Federal Contracting Officer Representative (COR) to serve as contracting and regulatory liaison.
- Monitor the progress in fulfilling the technical requirements specified in the contract and inform HQ of technical or contractual problems or concerns.
- Address any administrative and personnel issues required in administering programmatic and financial administration oversight of OHS’ discretionary grants ensuring effective stewardship of federal funds to grantees.
- Interpreting agency’s policy and guidelines and understand the terms of the contract, ability to extract clarity out of complexity, developing work-plans, careful planning and strategic decision making and execution.
- Conduct interviews for vacant positions, hire, discipline and terminate employment as needed.
- Review and analyze Discretionary grant applications (New, Revisions, Carryovers, Balance of Fund requests, Supplemental funding, Extension requests...etc.) received from Head Start Program grantees.
- Work closely with staff, especially new hires, to guide them thru the application submission/receipt process including required documentation and detail especially of the budget and budget justifications.
- Serve as technical resource to staff on fiscal and program operations, addressing grantees problems, issues and concerns and provide proper guidance to staff on compliance in providing services to Children and Families by using their available resources.
- Provide guidance on how to monitor post award grant activities thru on-going monitoring, review of financial reports (SF-425s), audit reports and Letter of Credit Drawdown by grantees via HHS Payment Management System (PMS).
- Provide guidance related to grant requirements, interpretations of Federal Regulation (45 CFR Part 75; Grant Policy Statement; Head Start Act; Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards) to ensure applicable agency guidelines, policies and procedures are properly interpreted and followed.
- Provide training to grant specialists regarding the difference aspects of grant review and monitoring the type of language used on the Notice of Award (NOA).
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience and relevant and professional experience directly related to the task activities.
- Experience supporting federal clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Head Start or other early childhood programs is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current laws, regulations, and policies that govern Head Start.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and produce high quality written products such as memoranda, presentations and correspondence.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.