IT Project Manager
- FCC, Washington, D.C., us
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
Highlight Technologies is looking for a IT Project Manager to directly support the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which regulates interstate and international communications by wire, radio, television, satellite, and cable not otherwise reserved by law for regulation by other Federal agencies.
You will be a part of a team which is responsible for ensuring the agency's IT programs and data capabilities are aligned with the FCC Strategic Plan and can efficiently and effectively provide a user-friendly system for controlling the storage, maintenance, security, interchange, and exchange of data involved in the management and monitoring of a wide variety of FCC data systems.
You will serve as the focal point for the data and data analytics support team. He/she will lead a matrixed team of 2-3 FTEs who provide database, systems engineering, business and requirements analysis, and data entry support. This team serves as the intake point of contact for data management requests and potential hosting customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect business objectives and technical requirements and conducting a customer assessment to determine feasibility or suitability for FCC IT Enterprise support.
- Develop and implement the cloud migration plans for moving and/or replicating databases and systems to cloud-based platforms and services.
- Manage system migrations as projects, defining the scope of work, level of effort, resources, cost, and schedule, tracking the entire project using our designated project management tool.
- Oversee and ensure data service requests are completed accurately and timely. Data managemnt support includes data ingestion, data normalization, data quality and validation, data visualization, data analytics and discovery, ETL, and cloud migration planning, and data replication and moves.
- Develops and maintains the Data in the Cloud Migration Plan.
- Work with the customer to prioritize and report on tasking.
- U.S. Citizen; eligible for a government clearance.
- Ability to perform the duties listed above.
- Five (5) years of experience is required, of which three (3) years must be specialized. Specialized experience required includes: engineering project development from inception to deployment; management and control of funds and resources, demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts. General experience required includes: increasing responsibilities in information systems design and management.
- Bachelor‘s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.