Mid-Level Database Administrator
- FCC, Washington, D.C.
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
Highlight Technologies is looking for a mid-level Database Adminsitrator to directly support the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which regulates interstate and international communications by wire, radio, television, satellite, and cable not otherwise reserved by law for regulation by other Federal agencies.
You will be a part of a team which is responsible for ensuring the agency's IT programs and data capabilities are aligned with the FCC Strategic Plan and can efficiently and effectively provide a user-friendly system for controlling the storage, maintenance, security, interchange, and exchange of data involved in the management and monitoring of a wide variety of FCC data systems.
You will provide database administration support for 200+ FCC databases on premise, hosted, and cloud based including data warehouses. He/she leads a team of 4-5 other database specialists. Database types include Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of database software
- Configuration of data servers and databases/table space • Software upgrades
- Inventorying databases
- Software upgrades; Data migrations
- Backup and Recovery support • Database Security support
- Storage and Capacity Planning support
- Performance monitoring and tuning support
- Troubleshooting support
- U.S. Citizen; eligible for a government clearance.
- Ability to perform the duties listed above.
- Four (4) years of progressively difficult experience in systems analysis and programming. Two (2) years of experience being responsible for a large database, and for the logical and physical database design aspects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.