Sr. Database Manager
- FCC, Washington, D.C.
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
Highlight Technologies is looking for a Sr. Database Manager to directly support the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which regulates interstate and international communications by wire, radio, television, satellite, and cable not otherwise reserved by law for regulation by other Federal agencies.
You will be a part of a team which is responsible for ensuring the agency's IT programs and data capabilities are aligned with the FCC Strategic Plan and can efficiently and effectively provide a user-friendly system for controlling the storage, maintenance, security, interchange, and exchange of data involved in the management and monitoring of a wide variety of FCC data systems.
You will be responsible for data architecture and database management for a 200 server database organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the production and modification of FCC database systems.
- oversee a team of 10-12 technical staff.
- Work with stakeholders and development team to capture and develop requirements into working systems.
- Coordinate projects across technical teams.
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout development team.
- Assist in critical support issues using experience to ascertain the issue.
- Lead the generation of ideas and proposed solutions, and develop the appropriate resolution; and Provide strategic and technical advice for FCC database projects.
- U.S. Citizen; eligible for a government clearance.
- Ability to perform the duties listed above.
- Twelve (12) years of general computer industry experience including a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the specialized area of expertise. experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, Business or a customer domain-related technical or management discipline. A year of college education is the equivalent of two years of relevant work experience.e.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.