- FCC, Washington, D.C.
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
Highlight Technologies is looking for a strategic thinking Communications Specialist to directly support the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which regulates interstate and international communications by wire, radio, television, satellite, and cable not otherwise reserved by law for regulation by other Federal agencies.
You will be responsible for ensuring the agency's IT programs and data capabilities are aligned with the FCC Strategic Plan and can efficiently and effectively provide a user-friendly system for controlling the storage, maintenance, security, interchange, and exchange of data involved in the management and monitoring of a wide variety of FCC data systems.
You will also assist FCC IT in planning for and implementing change associated with new, strategic, IT capabilities within FCC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer communication support, including development, maintenance, and execution of the FCC Communications Plan.
- Program support which includes identification of stakeholder/ audience; message delivery methodologies; message timing; message content; and technology to business terminology translation.
- Submit recurring outreach messages.
- Support and facilitate customer advocacy and coordination groups.
- Support FCC IT with maintaining, improving, managing, and executing its Customer Relationship Management framework, model, and related processes.
- Support the development and implementation of policies that promote customer relations.
- Develops and analyzes survey(s) to gather end user feedback.
- Captures metrics and makes recommendations for improvement based on end user feedback.
- Create, update, manage, and execute communication plans with business stakeholders and project teams for technology rollouts (this includes creating public notices (PN), guides, brochures, and similar items).
- Manage and lead customer outreach programs to provide end users with the understanding of what IT is working on and what is coming up next.
- Coordinate, create, and facilitate presentations and informational material for gatherings, such as CIO Open Houses, IT All Hands Meetings, and stakeholder one-on-one presentations.
- Maintain the CIO’s mailbox, blog, and other technology-based avenues of communication.
- U.S. Citizen, eligible for a government clearance.
- Ability to perform the duties listed above.
- Four (4) years of general computer industry experience including a minimum of two (2) years experience in the specialized area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, Business or a customer domain-related technical or management discipline. A year of college education is the equivalent of two years of relevant work experience.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex programming concepts into clear, concise written documents and oral presentations required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.