Sr. Systems Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Investing in People, Serving our Nation.
Position funded contingent contract award
We are in need of a Sr. Systems Engineer to support our DoD customer with a large IT integration effort.
- Integrate, operate, and maintain COTS and GOTS system management tools to improve the overall operation and maintenance of customer managed production systems.
- Maintain and upgrade classified Unix, Windows, Linux physical and virtual servers.
- Maintain and upgrade network hardware including routers, switches, encryption devices, and firewall devices.
- Develop, document and implement customized software programs and procedures to aid in the performance of enterprise management tasks.
- Engineer new hardware and software architectures, as needed, to support new and changing mission requirements.
- Provide sustained technical, system administration, and maintenance support for the operational enterprise management system.
- Support system and database administrators, database managers, and desktop support personnel in by updating the configuration of system management tools to meet new/changing mission requirements.
- Implement system interfaces varying from simple to complex in nature. Develop implementation plans for large scale information systems.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate documentation, specifications, test plans, and procedures. Support system test programs and analyze system test results.
- Evaluate emerging technologies for inclusion into current and planned architectures.
- Design, install, configure, administer, tune and optimize systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various applications supported.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostics of common network problems, hardware and software upgrades, and provide technical support as required.
- Diagnose and resolve complex configuration and troubleshooting issues within a multi-vendor infrastructure.
- Conduct research, cost-benefit and return-on-investment analysis on proposed hardware, software and systems to justify recommendations, support purchasing efforts and aid management in making infrastructure design and architecture decisions.
- Perform mentoring & training of team members, staff, and end-users.
Technologies include,but are not limited to:
Microsoft Windows Server, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, Sybase, Tivoli Storage Manager, Tivoli Endpoint, SystemEdge Agent, Doubletake, What’s Up Gold, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Remedy, Crystal Reports, HP Openview, CA NetHealth, CA System Edge.
Web services include:
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- ITIL certification
- Ability to perform the duties listed above.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.