Sr. Data Communications Specialist
- Arlington, VA
Investing in People, Serving our Nation.
Position funded contingent contract award
We are in need of a Sr. Data Communication Specialist to support our DoD customer with a large IT integration effort.
- Performing network management of a DoD C2 system to include controlling, planning, allocating, deploying, coordinating, and monitoring the resources necessary for proper network operations, maintenance and services for the architecture.
- Coordinate infrastructure details with other organizations and with oversight of the Task Monitor, coordinate with other contractors or vendor personnel to promptly resolve issues, questions, and problems.
- Provide high quality IT capabilities and services that are expertly integrated with customer business processes and enable the accomplishment of needed information processing by performing network operations, maintenance and services.
- Assist in operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting communication infrastructure, equipment, systems, procedures, etc.
- Provide expertise in the current network topologies, protocols equipment and utilizes state-of-the art network management tools for monitoring, collecting, analyzing and reporting system performance data.
- Continually research the commercial market for equipment/system upgrades to enhance the network infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Juniper Firewall devices, and all associated network equipment, including creating /maintaining routing tables, Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), in a diverse router and switch environment.
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- ITIL certified
- Ability to perform the duties listed above
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.