Performance Monitoring & Systems Advisor
- Washington, DC
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
This is a full-time position with Highlight Technologies to support USAID’s Bureau of Policy, Planning and Learning's (PPL) Office of Learning, Evaluation, and Research (LER), which supports USAID in institutionalizing performance monitoring practices and policy as part of the Program Cycle.
You will work with PPL's other offices, such as the Office of Strategic and Program Planning (SPP) to promote inter-office collaboration. You will also work in partnership with the USAID Bureaus such as the Management Bureau’s Chief Information Office (M/CIO) and USAID field missions, and well as other Agencies such as the Department of State on the Development Information Solution (DIS), monitoring, and program cycle matters as needed/applicable. The Advisor ensures that PPL interests are conveyed to partner agencies and Bureaus and those systems that impact USAID work and personnel reflect PPL policies and requirements.
- Provide expertise on external and internal bureau engagement and business processes grounded in USAID program cycle components, including the application of business requirements within the DIS system, standard foreign assistance indicator redesign, and capacity building.
- Support LER DIS project team, including coordinating input from PPL Subject Matter Experts.
- Develop and refine FAQs, talking points, and templates for PPL leadership.
- Support coordination meetings with key stakeholders such as staff in USAID offices and bureaus, SPP, LER, M/CIO, and State F, to enhance collaboration and coordination.
- Identify the performance monitoring training needs of missions designated to receive DIS or other Agency/inter-Agency systems and recommend how those needs will be met.
- Conduct monitoring training for Agency personnel and stakeholders as required.
- Contribute to monitoring toolkit and other Agency tools as needed.
- US Citizenship
- Current Secret Clearance
- Master’s degree + 5 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree + 10 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the USAID Program Cycle, USAID ADS 201, and industry performance monitoring methodologies required.
- Previous international development experience that encompasses performance monitoring and reporting responsibilities is desired.
- Ability to perform the duties listed above.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.