Building Controls Engineer
- 8935 East Palmer Road, Bldg 14, Bethesda, MD, United States
HFS Company is a nationally recognized AEC project management and consulting firm working through prime contracts on a variety of federal and military medical projects throughout the US and Europe. We provide services across the entire facilities lifecycle to help our clients reach their capital improvement goals economically and strategically.
Perform engineering design and planning for BAS (Building Automation Systems) and DDC (Direct Digital Controls) and electric/mechanical controls for HVAC systems Produce timely and accurate control submittals for mechanical engineering approvals using color graphical page. Determine DDC equipment needs and parts as per project specifications and requirements. Create graphical programming interface using GFX programming. Design and test control panels involving control circuits, malfunction relays, and wiring. Generate controller software sequences. Commission, modify, and maintain BAS and DDC control systems in order to fulfill energy management targets. Generate BAS management platforms for integrating various systems and technology into BAS protocol systems. Serve as facility energy manager if required. Responds to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related plus 5 years in job or 3 years as an Applications Engineer in BAS and DDC systems. Experience must include 1 year of technical experience with Distech or similar control system.
Bachelor’s degree in ME (or related) with the same experience as above.
• 5+ years of hands on experience with HVAC controls, with emphasis on system integration, programming, and installation using BACNET, MODBUS, Niagara, TCP/IP.
• Working experience of HVAC System Testing and participation in system commissioning
• Familiarity with current industry philosophies with regard to controls/automation system design, integration and operation
• Strong working knowledge of automation systems specifically in the commercial building industry
• Strong Project Management and Problem Solving skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, often changing environment
• Proficiency in MSOffice applications
• Willingness to work occasional night shifts
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• US Citizenship required by government contract
HFS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United Sates on a full-time basis; HFS Company does not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
We are proud to be a Service-Disabled Veteran and Woman Owned Small Business. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including generous PTO, paid holidays, $1000 per year for professional development and up to a 5% fully-vested 401k match after one year.