Construction Project Manager
- 601 Stephen Sitter Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
HFS Company is a nationally recognized AEC project management and consulting firm working through prime contracts on a variety of federal and military medical projects throughout the US and Europe. We provide services across the entire facilities lifecycle to help our clients reach their capital improvement goals economically and strategically.
Provide support as part of a project management team overseeing construction of military medical facilities. Key purpose is to successfully coordinate and partner with all the project stakeholders. Project stakeholders could include HFPO Program or Project Manager (PgM/PM), parent facility laboratory, research and support staff, local Network Enterprise Center (NEC), contracted firms, USACE, MEDCOM and MRMC staff, HFPA staff, and Initial Outfitting and Transition (IOT) contractor, where applicable. Provide constructability technical support, and monitor the quality of work performed on the project, ensuring that HFPA provides a facility that adheres to the construction contract and the various applicable standards. Advise military PgM/PM or designated government representative(s) concerning coordination of project actions and resolving of issues between facility staff, USACE, installation staff, architects, and contractors. Provide general and laboratory-specific technical advice, constructability support and information, to ensure projects meet required standards. Provide guidance and assistance to the facility staff during construction, transition, commissioning, turnover and decommissioning associated with projects.
· Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, research laboratory engineering and construction demonstrated by 10+ years’ experience on large scale projects.
· Knowledge of general principles of architecture, engineering, design, and construction of research laboratory facility building system components and their inter-relationships.
· Experienced in interpretation of government, industry, and accreditation standards and criteria including space planning, life safety, anti-terrorism, indoor air quality, patient privacy, sustainability and others related to research laboratory facilities.
· Experienced with reviewing and interpreting basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications, engineering calculations, RFIs, etc.
· Current experience and knowledge of total building commissioning, U.S. building codes and standards, DoD and Army Regulations, TJC, NFPA, OSHA, ASHRAE, ADA, and other regulatory and research laboratory standards.
· Knowledge of DoD and Army policies and procedures including contracting functions, USACE QA process, and risk management.
· Experienced in use of computer programs and tools that speed and improve project execution including data and documentation use and management, to include drawings, specifications, schedules, and estimates.
· Experienced in use of CADD.
· Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Project, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Strong inter-personal skills to work effectively with project stakeholders
HFS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United Sates on a full-time basis; HFS Company does not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
We are proud to be a Service-Disabled Veteran and Woman Owned Small Business. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including generous PTO, paid holidays, $1000 per year for professional development and up to a 5% fully-vested 401k match after one year.