Construction Project Manager
- 8935 East Palmer Road, Bldg 14, Bethesda, MD, United States
HFS Company is a nationally recognized AEC project management and consulting firm working through prime contracts on a variety of federal and military medical projects throughout the US and Europe. We provide services across the entire facilities lifecycle to help our clients reach their capital improvement goals economically and strategically.
Provide on-site support of construction projects at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the nation’s premier military healthcare facility. Position plays a critical role in building and maintaining a positive relationship between the hospital staff and Facilities Management.
· Provide on-site technical support in planning and preparing specifications. Projects involve systems for medical and dental facilities, technical and research laboratories, industrial facilities, and office buildings. Includes necessary field investigation to support in determining scopes of work.
· Read and interpret building plans, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, sketches, and maintenance or repair manuals.
· Assist in technical reviews.
· Participate in planning and coordination of various phases of work to accommodate tenants. Obtain clearances including approvals for utility outages, digging permits, fire prevention, safety, environmental clearances, sanitation, etc.
· Perform quality verification & analysis duties to support construction, repair, and maintenance contracts. Investigate, analyze and resolve problems pertaining to construction, maintenance, and repair of facilities, architecture systems, equipment, and subsystems.
· Monitor maintenance, inspections, testing, and reporting of hospital architectural systems such as fire walls, fire doors, fire protection testing and maintenance oversight in support of Joint Commission Inspections.
· Coordinate and execute mechanical, medical gas outages such as HVAC Systems.
· Assist in reviewing engineering designs for flaws or possible improvements.
· Work with contractors in planning stages (connecting new mechanical and utility systems consistent with current systems).
· 5+ yrs healthcare construction experience; Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning, Domestic Water, Heating Hot Water, Chilled Water, Steam, and Electrical systems
· 3+ yrs project management experience. Healthcare construction preferred including field concepts, practices and procedures.
· 3+ yrs exp in construction, operation, maintenance, application, properties, and limits of equipment and systems primarily found in large medical and dental facilities, multistory office buildings, and research facilities including TJC, NFPA, ASHRE, Life Safety, and all medical facility codes.
· Healthcare construction administration experience with medium to large scale healthcare projects and extensive knowledge of architectural working drawings /details.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledgeable in MSOffice applications.
· Bachelors’ degree with a focus on construction, engineering, business or related field preferred.
· Must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United Sates on a full-time basis; HFS Company does not sponsor individuals for employment visas. Citizenship required by government contract.
HFS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veterans.
We are proud to be a Service-Disabled Veteran and Woman Owned Small Business. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including generous PTO, paid holidays, $1000 per year for professional development and up to a 5% fully-vested 401k match after one year.