Construction Quality Assurance Rep
- TBD, Tyndall AFB, Fl, us
HFS Company, a nationally recognized project management firm, specializes in providing support services across the entire facilities lifecycle to assist our clients reach their capital improvement goals economically and strategically.
Immediate need for a Quality Assurance Representative who enjoys being hands on at the site. Work is at Tyndall AFB, FL. Approximately 50% of the work hours will be evenings.
- Review contractor’s quality management and control procedures on large military installations and report findings to the COR.
- Provide recommendation to the COR concerning the acceptability of draft construction progress reports and contract performance, and other reports concerning the progress of construction.
- Review contract and construction deficiencies and other factors impacting, or with the potential to impact, timely execution of the project, and provide written comments and proposed correspondence to the COR regarding responsibility and corrective actions to be taken by contractor, Government, designer, etc.
- Review project issues, requests for equitable adjustment and claims to determine contract basis and entitlement. Make appropriate recommendations with supporting documentation to COR.
- Make technical interpretations of drawings and specifications and provide engineering determinations on whether methods and materials employed meet the requirements of contract specifications, and make appropriate recommendations to COR.
- Review contractor’s records of work accomplished and materials used and report findings to the COR.
- Review project plans and specifications to determine such things as practicability from construction standpoint, whether physical obstructions or other construction difficulties have been anticipated, and whether materials selected are readily available. Provide written comments to the COR. Utilize the Resident Management System to prepare and submit reporting information, in accordance with the District and Area Office protocols.
- 12+ years’ construction inspection experience on large complex multi-million dollar projects
- Broad general knowledge of all construction trades; specifically concrete, steel, water pipes, etc.
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts and techniques of the construction quality assurance/inspection process
- Knowledge of relevant building codes, standards and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret complex construction drawings, blueprints, schematics and change orders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications
- Previous experience with USACE and government contracting a strong plus
It is the policy of HFS to afford equal opportunity to all individuals and to adhere to federal and local laws, regulations and guidelines with regard to nondiscrimination against job applicants and employment practices for team members. We invite resumes/applications from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, genetic information, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.
HFS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your credentials.