Construction Project Manager
- Twentynine Palms, CA
HFS Company, a nationally recognized project management firm, specializes in providing support services across the entire facilities lifecycle to assist our clients reach their capital improvement goals economically and strategically.
Responsible for the planning, design review, cost estimate validation, scheduling, coordination, and execution of facility construction, maintenance, repair, and equipment installation projects. The PM will be involved in preparation of project scopes of work and rough cost estimates, and provide technical review of construction contractor proposals, including project modifications. This work involves communication with project customers to validate project requirements, review of pertinent hospital specific and industry standard codes and guidelines, and selection of appropriate engineering systems and solutions. Engineering projects include facility repair, construction, renovation, alteration, and maintenance, and may include a variety of project execution vehicles, including Government Purchase Card, sealed bid solicitations, Fleet Logistics Center, US Army Corps of Engineers, and NAVFAC.
Track and monitor projects through award phase, including status inquiries, phone calls, and other similar efforts to ensure projects proceed expeditiously. Following award act as primary liaison between NAVFAC and the customer (NHTP), for items including approval of submittals pertaining to scheduling, outages and excavation permits, coordination with customer operational requirements, inspection, processing of field changes, attending hospital meetings, modifications, requests for information (RFI), etc. Input and update project status data contained in various tracking systems, both computer based and paper based. Provides project oversight to ensure contract and code compliance. Reviews project schedules, logs, reports from contractors and assists in the resolution of design or work coordination problems. Based on general policy guidance, plans and reviews facilities engineering requirements. Determines from a review and analysis of work, objectives, requirements, current procedures, timeframes, and coordination requirements, the most feasible and appropriate manner and method of accomplishment and reports findings. As space manager, reviews space requests for NFPA Code compliance and TJC requirements, determines applicable occupancy classifications, provides drawings and/or sketches for the Space Utilization committee, take notes, and write formal meeting minutes.
- Must have strong clinical or healthcare administration experience working in military or civilian hospitals directly interfacing with clinical departments.
- Ability to write scopes of work and prepare basic cost estimates in accordance with accepted engineering standards.
- Knowledge of pertinent design, construction, maintenance and safety standards/regulations for hospitals, including AHA, AIA, ASHRAE, NFPA, NEC, UBC, UFC, Infection Control, The Joint Commission, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of hospital related building and engineering systems; mechanical, civil, and electrical.
- Understanding of Navy public works processes, including real property maintenance system and shore facility planning system.
- Knowledge of the processes associated with the planning, design, budgeting, funding, and execution of a health care facility construction project.
- Understanding of Navy medical mission and an understanding of the operational role of the hospital facility plant.
- Knowledge of basic contracting methods and contract law.
- Knowledge of basic Navy accounting and budget processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Internet, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read AutoCAD drawings.
- Computer Aided Facility Management software experience or ability to learn within 6 months of being hired, including DMLSS.
- Ability to effectively work with military and civilian personnel of all rank, skill, and experience.
It is the policy of HFS to afford equal opportunity to all individuals and to adhere to federal and local laws, regulations and guidelines with regard to nondiscrimination against job applicants and employment practices for team members. We invite resumes/applications from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, genetic information, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.
HFS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). HFS offers competitive pay and benefits. We invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your credentials.