IT Solutions Engineer
- Denver, CO, USA
Akamai Systems Consulting (akamai (ah-kah-MY). Smart, intelligent) is a Colorado based consulting firm specializing in the delivery of computer, network and systems consulting services to small businesses. By applying a forward looking approach to their work, Akamai is able to help business systems run efficiently today, and plan for future growth – creating a true partnership with clients.
As a key member of our small and mighty team you thrive in an environment where you are helping our clients make the most of their technology investment. You are energized by tackling the unknown and your ability to sniff out the root cause of an issue is remarkable. You understand technology but also possess the ability to recognize the client’s business needs and how the two come together for a productive technological solution. If you are ready to take your expertise to the next level, let’s talk!
How you’ll spend your day
- Working alongside your clients in the Denver Metro area to identify, assess, maintain and repair the technology that makes their work happen
- As the technology expert, you’ll be analyzing a company’s IT systems and infrastructure - diagnosing problems, inefficiencies, weaknesses, and security threats
- Establishing a deep understanding of the client’s business needs and identifying ways to improve and implement technological solutions – creative thinking with an eye on business value
- Troubleshooting system and/or network issues remotely or onsite in order to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible
- Collaborating with in-house technical team to train staff and provide advice on technology best practices – your goal is happy and productive teams
- Keeping your eyes open for opportunities to expand our business – in the line at Wahoo’s or at your kids’ soccer game on the weekend; you believe in our work and like talking to people about it!
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field and at least 7 years of experience in a system administration role supporting Windows based PCs and servers
- About 3 years of demonstrated experience as a Solution Engineer or IT Consultant supporting a number of customers as their technology expert
- A passion for delighting users – the ability to walk with them through a problem efficiently and professionally, systematically resolving the issue
- Industry certifications that you are proud of – MCITP, MCSP, A+, Network+, Cisco are all helpful
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, Server 2012R2 through 2016, Microsoft Office 2010-2016, Exchange 2010 – 2013 and Office365 Administration
- Proficient working knowledge of networking protocols and commonly used technologies
- Unbelievable troubleshooting and interpersonal communication skills and patience working with clients and vendors/tech support
- Wonderfully organized in your office and in your mind
- Fiscally responsible with strong time management discipline – you treat every client dollar as if it were your own
- An eagerness to make your customers happy and support your team
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a clean driving record
What you’ll enjoy as an Akamai professional
- A competitive salary and generous suite of benefits
- Car Allowance, state of the art technology, training reimbursement
- A committed team of professionals to spend your days with
Goldstone Partners is helping this small and successful team find a talented engineer who wants to join in our growth. Principals only please. Applicants who are US Citizens or hold a current Green Card are encouraged to apply.