Visual Designer - Design Systems
- Boulder, CO, USA
Gloo, headquartered in beautiful Boulder Colorado, builds software for people and organizations dedicated to improving lives. We’re leveraging the same exponential tech that’s driving success in other industries and making it available through tools such as big data, custom assessments, an engagement app, and eventually, an entire market network focused on growth. As one of Boulder’s most successful and innovative tech companies, Gloo needs more talented professionals who are driven to make a positive impact on humanity. Are you one of them?
As the newest member of our team, you will be collaborating with our visual design lead, UX designers, UX researchers, and engineers to design incredible user experiences across our entire product suite. You are a talented artist who takes pride in inspiring, engaging and exciting your audience. BUT, your superpower is in maintaining design systems that make the creative process efficient and effective for all. You might have started your career as a production artist where consistency and detail are paramount. If you thrive in equal parts of discipline and creative this might be what you’ve been looking for!
How you’ll spend your day
- Collaborating with the multidisciplinary teams to contribute to fine-tuning our design culture – proposing new ideas and tweaking our processes along the way
- Maintaining brand and visual consistency across a suite of mobile and web applications
- Refining patterns based on Material Design and establishing UI design style guides to maintain quality and consistency across all digital properties
- Skinning our product interfaces including subtle details to create a strong, positive connection between users and our brand
- Managing, maintaining and improving our Sketch component libraries
What we are looking for
- BS/BA in interaction design, digital graphics, visual communications, HCI or equivalent practical experience
- Demonsrated experience applying atomic design or Google design systems and a portfolio highlighting your contributions
- Expertise in design system best practices, component libraries, symbol management, Material Design, and design workflows – advanced Sketch is a huge bonus point
- Comfortable collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and product teams
- Innovative, detail-oriented, crisp communicator who is self-confident and willing to tackle uncharted territory
- Creative problem solver and logical thinker with the ability to multi-task--managing and switching priorities as needed
- Outcome-focused, results-oriented, and an unshakably positive attitude
Our team members enjoy
- Competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits
- Bonus and ample time off for your personal pursuits
- An incredible team of talented and passionate folks to hang out with
Goldstone Partners is helping this experienced team of thought leaders find an energized Pro who wants to be part of something big! Principals only, please. Applications welcome for those who are US Citizens or hold a Green Card.