- London, UK
- Department: Agile
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
At Genomics England, we believe Agile ways of working:
- Enables openness, transparency, retrospection and learning
- Generates a culture of iteration and adaptability
- Builds a sense of family, accountability and cohesion in teams/squads
Agility is core to achieving our company vision to create a world where everyone benefits from personalised genomic medicine.
Our Scrum Masters are a cornerstone of Agility at GEL. They are essential to ensuring each squad is self-organising, inspects and adapts, and works collaboratively… all while delivering high value products that make a difference to the lives and treatment of patients in the UK suffering with cancer and disease.
Skills and Experience for Success
We anticipate the ideal candidate will have:
- Deep knowledge and significant experience with Agile ways of working frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Outcomes-oriented, data-driven, adaptive mindset
- Experience of coaching multidisciplinary digital teams to deliver digital services - from discovery, design, delivery, growth, continuous improvement to retirement
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; an inspiring team player, coach, and leader
- Passion for all things agility
- Good understanding of the holistic Software Development Lifecycle and previous experience with DevOps practices
- Strong understanding of user-centred design
- Solid working experience with the Atlassian toolkit
- A recent Agile certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.
As part of our recruitment process, all successful candidates are subject to a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We therefore require applicants to disclose any previous offences at point of application, as some unspent convictions may mean we are unable to proceed with your application due to the nature of our work in healthcare.