- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Agile
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Our Scrum Masters are essential to our teams - you'll lead, influence and coach our people to ensure effective agile working to achieve our goals. Due to growth, we've a number of new positions available.
Whether you're resolving and assisting in complex virtualisation and server related issues through code, or contributing to our drive for greater automation and efficiencies, everything you do will be about enabling our teams to do their best work in a well governed environment. You'll be a true collaborator, a people person who enjoys watching others achieve, and knows where they can add value.
You'll be important to our mission to advance personalised genomic medicine in the UK, by ensuring the component projects run smoothly and efficiently - making a difference to the lives and treatment many patients in the UK suffering with cancer and disease.
It's an exciting time to join us - we've been through an agile transformation and are working in multidisciplinary squads. We need to ensure each squad is self-organising, works collaboratively and shares knowledge, while managing backlogs effectively.
Skills and Experience for Success
We anticipate the ideal candidate will have:
- Deep knowledge and significant experience of Agile methodologies and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Deep knowledge and significant experience of Product Development & Management tools (JIRA, Rally, Align etc.)
- Good understanding of the holistic lifecycle of Software Development and previous experience of implementing DevOps tools within an organisation
- Strong understanding of user-centred design
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary digital teams to deliver digital service from discovery, design, delivery, growth, continuous improvement to retirement
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, a passion for agile and a great team player, coach and above all, leader
- A recent Scrum Master certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.