Application Support Manager
- Rutland Pl, Barbican, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Assurance & IT Services and Support
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Within this role you will be the Subject Matter Expert for specific applications which are crucial to the delivery of Genomics England objectives. You will work across multiple functions to ensure the systems provided meet the required business and users’ needs.
You'll be someone that is passionate about providing great service with the ability to; provide bug fixes, remote support and guidance to end users and look at ongoing trends and resolutions. You'll be given the opportunity to progress your career within a fast paced and constantly evolving environment where no 2 days are ever the same.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise on a defined set of business applications working closely with colleagues in Engineering and Ops functions.
- Ensuring that the overall organisation and your colleagues have the right systems to enable them to work effectively and efficiently.
- Working with colleagues in the Engineering and Ops Chapter to ensure that where appropriate technical resolution and solutions are delivered by the Service Management team.
- Ensuring that systems are delivered with Privacy, Security and Service Management principles baked into the design.
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of Business Process Flows, Dashboards, Reports and Solution management.
- Supporting the Service Managers and Product Managers by working with the business to understand business requirements and how these can be safely delivered into production.
- Communicating highly complex technical issues and sensitive information to a variety of stakeholders up to Director level.
- Knowing and understanding the meaning behind our virtues of Empathy, Integrity, Focus, Connection, Speed, Curiosity, Impact and embody them in all aspects of your role.
Your career to this point will see you hold some of the following skills:
- Strong experience of using technology and tools effectively in managing applications and operations areas.
- In-depth experience of supporting Enterprise Applications or systems.
- Proven ability and supporting experience of managing the service management processes for medium/large scale IT services under an ITIL framework.
- Proven ability and supporting experience of developing and managing technologies including SharePoint, Active Directory and other Industry Standard applications.
- Proven experience of compliance with ISO or industry standards.
There are no specific qualifications required for this role but any of the following would be advantageous:
- Prince2 Foundation or Practitioner.
- Management/Expert Certificate in Service Management V2/3 (or equivalent experience).
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.